Erosion control is a complicated task, and it requires patience and planning to make it work long into the future. Cable concrete mats have quickly become one of the most trusted solutions for contractors across the nation to implement reliable, erosion control and prevention systems.
Here are just a few reasons why cable concrete mats have become the erosion control tool of choice across the United States:
- Cost effectiveness: Cable concrete mats are extremely cost effective in just about any type of situation. IECS uses a manufacturing process that makes it affordable for developers and contractors who have to manage tight budgetary constraints to get cable concrete mats.
- Easy installation: Installing cable concrete mats is a quick, easy and painless process. You can order your cable concrete mat systems with or without geotextiles already attached, depending on the type of job that you have in mind. If they are already in place, this can significantly cut down on the amount of time it takes to complete the entire installation process.
- Simple maintenance: Once you have laid the cable concrete mats, you are able to cover them with soil and vegetation. There’s little to no maintenance required for the mats themselves. They simply become treated as you would any other untouched surface in the area—it’s just significantly better protected against the effects of erosion.
- Safe for use: Cable concrete systems are extremely stable and are at least partially buried under the ground. As a result, they are completely safe for both pedestrians and animals to walk on. You do not have to worry about them damaging the erosion control system you have put in place with the cable concrete mats!
- Resistant to temperature changes: If you live in a temperate climate, you will appreciate the resistance to temperature changes provided by cable concrete mats. Many other erosion control solutions are damaged because of annual freezing and thawing cycles, and can even take on moisture and expand. Obviously, this would cause concerns related to the lifespan of these systems, and would make additional erosion an inevitability once these systems break apart. Cable concrete mats are composed in a way that accommodates freezing and thawing throughout the year, ensuring the system will never be damaged, displaced or otherwise disrupted.
- Quality manufacturing: Cable concrete systems are made with extremely high manufacturing standards. They must meet strict standards set by federal environmental regulatory agencies, as well as the standards set by various development companies and the construction standards put forth by municipalities. You can be sure that when you choose to work with cable concrete mats, you’re getting outstanding quality.
- Recyclability: Because concrete does not break down or get easily damaged, cable concrete mats can be used over and over again, transported to different areas when needed and stored when not in use.
For more information about giving your municipality the best possible erosion control system, contact us today at IECS and we will answer any questions you have about cable concrete mats.