One of the most potentially devastating factors afflicting parks across the nation is erosion. This is especially true for parks that have large cliff sides or are located next to water sources. But parks in general are always susceptible to erosion because of the large amounts of foot traffic, potential vehicle traffic and natural factors like wind, rain and flooding.
Here are just a few reasons why cable concrete mats are an excellent solution for erosion control in parks:
- They’re extremely flexible: The design of cable concrete mats helps them to adapt to any shifting that occurs in the ground, which is especially important in areas that are susceptible to earthquakes. This also makes installation a simpler, more flexible process when installing them on hillsides or potentially unstable ground. With a pyramidal block shape, you can easily adjust for changes in grade contours.
- More control over plant growth: Many parks have specific regulations regarding the types of plants that are allowed to be grown in them. Some locations have taken great steps to curb the spread of invasive plant species. Cable concrete mats make it easy to get more control over where vegetation grows or does not grow. Individual blocks can easily be removed to make room for larger plantings, and open space can be built into the mats to create space for plants, shrubs and grasses you actually want to thrive in the park. All of this can be done while protecting your park from the effects of erosion.
- Environmentally friendly: If you’re going to be controlling erosion in a park, you are obviously going to want to do it in the most environmentally friendly way possible. Cable concrete mats are extremely versatile and completely recyclable. They can be used as temporary solutions for erosion control, and to provide temporary access for any construction vehicles you have coming into the park. Once you have finished using them, they can be stored until you need to use them elsewhere in the park.
- Safe for animals and pedestrians: Municipalities in charge of parks need to constantly consider the safety of animals and pedestrians alike. Cable concrete mats, unlike many other erosion control systems, are completely safe for pedestrians and animals to walk on, encourage plant growth and are generally an eco-friendly option. This makes them an extremely attractive option for parks that need to deal with erosion and its effects.
- Built to last: Simply put, this system is built to last for years, as it is designed with high-quality cabling and concrete. It will never crack or fail, so you can be sure it will stand the test of time and continue protecting your park long into the future from the dangerous effects of erosion. This also makes cable concrete mats a budget-friendly choice for erosion control.
Looking for more information about why you should choose cable concrete mats to protect your park from erosion? Contact us today at International Erosion Control Systems, Inc., and we will be happy to answer any questions you have for us.