Wind, rain, earthquakes, land shifts, foot traffic, vehicles and even animal tracks all combine to create erosion. It’s inevitable, and this means we must prepare for it. We must put systems in place to prevent unwanted erosion. A number of systems are available, but cable concrete mats offer several advantages for erosion control. Whether you need a temporary solution or a long-term fix, cable concrete erosion control provides the perfect solution. Its benefits include:
- Flexibility: The design of the cable concrete mats system allows it to adapt to ground movement. When this occurs, cable concrete erosion control maintains its stability. The shape of the blocks also allows for flexibility of installation. The pyramidal block shape allows for adjustment to changes in grade contours. Not many systems offer such versatility.
- Vegetation growth: Cable concrete blocks make vegetation planting and growth easier than other erosion systems. Individual blocks can be removed to make room for larger vegetation plantings. This can be done without any effect on the structural integrity of the system. Open space built into the mat also allows room for grasses, plants and shrubs to grow. These root systems further enhance the stability of the system.
- Recyclability: Cable concrete mats are not a one-time-use system. They are versatile and reusable. If your situation calls for temporary erosion control, temporary access for construction vehicles or emergency access, cable concrete mats provide the perfect solution. They can be quickly installed and then removed to place elsewhere or put in storage until needed again. This sustainability makes it a top choice.
- Cost effective manufacturing: The name “cable concrete mats” says it all. While effective in their purpose, these do not require any more materials than they advertise. This makes them cost effective to create and install, offering an affordable solution to your erosion issues.
- Solid system: Cable concrete erosion control offers a layout design that stabilizes erosive forces. The unique interwoven cable design creates a system of blocks that are both laterally and vertically stable. The result is a superior system for solid erosion control.
- Safe solution: Unlike some other erosion solutions systems, cable concrete erosion control provides a surface accessible for pedestrians, vehicles and animals. It’s also an environmentally safe option and even encourages plant growth. Cable concrete provides an eco-friendly system with safety for all in mind.
- Longevity: This system is made of high quality concrete and cable. It is designed to not crack, fail or falter. Installing a cable concrete erosion control system provides a structure that will withstand the test of time. Once it is in place, you can rest assured you are well protected with a highly functioning system.
With so many advantages, it is not surprising that cable concrete mats are quickly becoming the standard for erosion control. Are you in need of a new system? Don’t miss out on the benefits of this superior technique. Contact IECS for a professional approach using the best system available for all your erosion control projects.