If you have recently been hired to build or renovate a bridge or dam, then you are likely wondering what the best way to protect that dam from erosion and other dangers might be. While modern science now offers a wide range of different architectural and material elements, in this case the solution is actually simple: articulated cable concrete blocks. At International Erosion Control Systems Inc., we have seen firsthand the wonders these products can work. With this in mind, here are the five key reasons why you ought to be using articulated cable concrete blocks for bridge and dam protection:
- Curb erosion: Bridges and dams are inherently susceptible to erosion, because they are placed in, over or near large bodies of water, where wind, precipitation, earth debris and moisture can all chip away at them over time. Fortunately, articulated cable concrete blocks are made specifically to protect against erosion. When you reinforce your dam or bridge with these concrete blocks, you can count on it staying erosion-free for a long time to come.
- Stability and durability: Thousands or even millions of people are going to be depending on your bridge or dam everyday, either to get them where they need to go or to provide them with necessary resources. That is a lot of pressure to construct a bridge or dam that you know will hold up. Fortunately, there are few options that are more solid and durable than concrete. Articulated cable concrete blocks are designed to let pressure pass through them, rather than it affecting them directly, giving you a very stable structure.
- Weather resistance: If you are building your dam or bridge in a cold area, then you can count on the body of water where it is located freezing over every winter. Those kinds of conditions can cause big risks for bridges and dams in terms of erosion and even freezing, but articulated cable concrete blocks are highly resistant to ice and freeze-thaw damage.
- Cost effective: Our articulated cable concrete blocks are highly cost effective in three different ways. First, they are produced onsite, saving you freight and availability expenses. Second, they are very easy to maintain, meaning you will not have to spend much in order to keep them in good condition. Finally, they are built to last, meaning you will not have to worry about paying to replace them for many years to come.
- Survives the test of history: Did you know that the Hoover Dam was built using concrete blocks? Throughout recent history and into the present day, construction companies, designers, and municipal organizations all continue to put their faith in articulated cable concrete blocks, because they are effective at curbing erosion, highly stable and weather resistant, cost effective and easy to maintain.
Whatever reason you have for using articulated cable concrete blocks to protect your dam or bridge, you can rest assured that you are making a smart decision. For more information about our concrete products and services, please get in touch with International Erosion Control Systems Inc. anytime.