If you are in charge of providing lakeshore protection in your community, then you are likely aware that there is a wide range of different options available to you. While each of these options comes with its own benefits and disadvantages, one solution rises to the top of the pack with ease: articulated cable concrete blocks. Since 1984, International Erosion Control Systems Inc. has been producing stable, permeable and cost effective articulated cable concrete blocks, and in the process we have helped to protect lakeshores all over the country. Here are six reasons why you ought to use articulated concrete cable blocks for lakeshore protection:
- Stable: Depending on the natural flow and velocity of your lake, you will need a specifically designed arrangement of articulated cable concrete blocks to help protect your lakeshore. We study this flow before installing the articulated cable concrete blocks to ensure that they will be fully stable for a long time to come.
- Permeable: Because articulated cable concrete blocks contain some empty space in their design, they have a high level of permeability. This means that rather than cause damage to the blocks (or to your lakeshore), water and debris will pass through the blocks, being mitigated enough that it will not cause significant erosion damage to your lakeshore.
- Flexible: Over time, your lakeshore is going to change in slope and grade contours. If your erosion protection system is too inflexible, it will not be able to change with the lakeshore, and therefore will not be very effective in protecting against erosion. Fortunately, articulated cable concrete blocks are arranged in a pyramid shape, allowing for a high degree of flexibility should the grade contours change.
- Environmentally friendly: Rather than working against nature to defeat it, articulated cable concrete blocks work with nature to create a smarter system. Local vegetation can grow into the open spaces made available by cable concrete blocks or mats, making for a more environmentally friendly system. Articulated cable concrete blocks can also be easily removed, should you choose to grow more vegetation in the area.
- Onsite manufacturing and installation: Articulated cable concrete blocks are made onsite, meaning your lakeshore will receive truly customized attention. Once they are assembled, installation is fairly simple, and our trained professionals can typically get the job done very quickly.
- Cost effective: Finally, whether you are a private community member, a construction business or a municipal worker, we know that the pressure to save money is always present. By being smart about our design and production methods, and by never skimping on quality, International Erosion Control Systems Inc. is able to offer articulated cable concrete blocks that are seriously cost effective.
If your interest has been piqued by what you have read about articulated cable concrete blocks and lakeshore protection, then we hope you will reach out to the experienced team at International Erosion Control Systems Inc. for more information. We take pride in offering quality products, smart production methods and helpful customer service.