For some companies’ infrastructure projects, pouring concrete is just not a viable option. Whether there are issues with challenging terrain or a need to keep costs to a minimum, these companies can look to cable concrete mats to offer an affordable and durable alternative to poured concrete for erosion control.
If you’re seeking a simple approach to stabilizing terrain, want to improve storm management infrastructure or need to quickly install a roadway surface, then the chances are good that you can benefit from using cable concrete mats. Here are some reasons to ensure your company includes cable concrete mats in its budget for the upcoming year:
- Cost: Pouring concrete slabs can be a costly and time-consuming endeavor. From preparing the pour site to hiring a crew, costs can mount very quickly—not to mention that, once they finish, you have to wait for the newly poured concrete to set. With cable concrete mats, the drying and manufacturing process is already complete when they are lowered into place. That means no expensive crews or lost time—just easy installation.
- Adaptability: Cable concrete mats work in a variety of situations in which using typical concrete is difficult or impossible. Not only do the mats work perfectly for everyday applications like improving access roads and hillsides, but they are also ideal for unique situations like protecting undersea cables and infrastructure. Cable concrete mats excel in tricky situations, but they’re also perfect for more typical applications and ideal for areas used by vehicles and pedestrians alike.
- Durability: Unlike freshly poured concrete, which is susceptible to the cycle of expansion and contraction that can crack and destroy normal slabs, cable concrete mats are flexible and very resistant to extreme weather. With concrete and asphalt, rainwater, snow and ice can force their way into surface cracks and expand, creating larger cracks and potholes. Cable concrete mats, on the other hand, allow water to escape while still providing a stable, flexible surface.
- Versatility: No matter the size of an area, cable concrete mats can be cut to fit well into smaller and non-uniform spaces, and can even be sized to leave room for drains, pipes and more. In addition, know that mats are customized to fit each project’s needs.
- Removable and reusable: Before cable concrete mats were available, removing concrete from an area required the time-consuming effort of tearing it up, and reusing torn up concrete was impossible. You ended up with a big mess, lots of cleanup and lost time. Because of the layover-type installation of cable concrete mats, moving and reusing them is as simple as lifting them into a new location. This ease of use means more time saved and less wasted energy and money.
Cable concrete mats are known for their versatility across numerous industries and applications. Some of these uses include increasing dam effectiveness, stabilizing riverbanks and streams, aiding in habitat preservation, enhancing boat ramp usability, reinforcing access roads and lowering environmental impact.
If you’re ready to take advantage of all that cable concrete mats have to offer, then don’t hesitate to work them into your 2016 budget plan. Contact International Erosion Control Systems Inc for information on how your projects can benefit from quality and reliable cable concrete mats.