Those who have dealt with erosion problems in the past are likely familiar with any number of antiquated erosion control systems and how they work. While some, such as comprehensive land grading and retaining walls, seem to hold their own, far more provide only a temporary solution to the very real problem of shifting earth and erosive tendencies.
For this reason, cable concrete erosion control has become a widely regarded choice that’s not only sustainable, it’s also chalked full of other benefits that other erosion control systems simply can’t measure up to. Take a look at five difference-makers when it comes to controlling erosion and why cable concrete trumps all others:
- Cost effectiveness: At its most basic material level, cable concrete is exactly that—cables and concrete! The material cost of this product is supremely low in and of itself and as a result, the cost of creation and implementation also remains low, while providing a myriad of exceptional benefits that far outstrip the basic cost of the product. Simply put: cable concrete is incredibly cost effective!
- Quality: The quality concrete and cable materials that go into creating this erosion control system are what make it such a highly functional, versatile and sustainable product. The concrete in an cable concrete system is designed not to crack or fail, giving investors peace of mind and allowing them to rest easy knowing that the system that’s in place is a system that’s going to function exceptionally.
- Resilience: Against wind, rain, snow, floods and just about anything short of an Act of God isn’t going to disturb a cable concrete system. This erosion control product is meant to stand up to even the harshest conditions and even accounts for flooding seasons and freeze-thaw cycles, to prevent all types of erosion.
- Safety: Safe for humans to walk or drive on, safe for animals in their natural habitats and safe for the environment itself, cable concrete is a safe solution for all. And, because the gaps can be filled with vegetation or stone, it makes it that much more transplantable into the land, thus reducing accidents and hazards.
- Sustainability: We all know that when the environment is involved, sustainability is key. Not only are concrete cable mats manufactured in and of themselves to be sustainable in long-term applications, they can also be removed and transplanted elsewhere, to ensure that they’re reusable to their fullest potential.
With so many facets of cable concrete erosion control tailored to meet the expectations of those trying to contain erosion-prone areas, it’s not hard to see why antiquated methods are quickly being replaced by this modern solution.
If you’re facing a situation where your current methods of erosion control are failing or a brand new system is needed to ensure a successful first approach to controlling hazards, make cable concrete erosion control a priority and you’ll quickly see why it’s becoming the first and only choice for applications of all sizes, across the United States.