Erosion control is a tricky job that requires precision and an effective approach to truly work in a sustainable capacity. Because of this, more and more contractors are turning to Cable Concrete® installation to get the job done right. Why? Take a look at eight of the major benefits that this erosion control system has to offer over other, more inferior solutions:
- Cable Concrete® is incredibly cost-effective in virtually every application. IECS offers a cost effective manufacturing process which bodes well for Contractors and Developers seeking to remain budgetary requirements.
- Quick installation is a key component of Cable Concrete® articulate block systems. Systems can come with geotextiles attached or without depending on the job specifications, they can immediately be placed and installed, significantly reducing the time it takes to complete a Cable Concrete® mat installation from on-site arrival to a finished job.
- Cable Concrete® is very easy to maintain because once laid, it can be covered with soil and vegetated. This means that in a very short time, it can be treated as any other untouched surface.
- Freezing and thawing cycles throughout the year make many other erosion control systems lackluster because they’re not designed to cope with the changing composition of the land. Moisture retention and expansion during the freezing stage disrupts other erosion control systems, while thawing can further displace them and lessen their abilities to cope with runoff. Because of the composition of Cable Concrete®, the freezing and thawing cycles are adequately accommodated, ensuring that the system is not disrupted or displaced.
- Because Cable Concrete® is stable and partially buried, it’s completely safe for pedestrians and animals to walk on—there’s no risk of damaging the erosion control system!
- IECS offers services nationwide with tailored approach to erosion control, meaning that the concrete mats being laid conform to the area they’re being placed. Whether there’s a large gradual slope or a sharp, short slope, the mats can easily be placed and contoured to the land.
- Because concrete doesn’t break down or suffer tremendous wear and tear, Cable Concrete® can actually be reused over and over again! If you’re re-grading land or want to remove a mat for land development purposes, the mat can be removed and replaced elsewhere, cutting down on any waste that might occur from having to be discarded.
- Cable Concrete® is designed and manufactured to be of the highest quality, aligning itself with various standards set down by environmental regulatory agencies, as well as development companies and even municipal construction standards!
Erosion control is not something that can have any room for failure when it’s in place, which is why Cable Concrete® mats were designed with an optimal success rate in mind. Once it’s in place, you’ll have a worry free Cable Concrete® articulated block system, which delivers supreme peace of mind to anyone benefiting from it in the long term.